What is the Insurance Breakfast Club?
A structured development programme spanning 10 months for future leaders in insurance providing community and connections at a crucial time in their careers. IBC is designed to help accelerate the female talent pipeline, supporitng career progression through a series of highly practical, bite-sized, industry specific development events. This fully managed talent programme is led by experienced coaches with in-depth knowledge of the industry and draws on valuable insights from market leaders.
What can I expect?
- One to one coaching induction to understand your individual career goals and set you up for success on the programme. (With optional additional 1-2-1 coaching available at a reduced rate)
- A series of 7 bite sized, practical breakfast events to develop your skills and knowledge
- 2 group mentoring events with market leaders to discuss navigating your career in a changing market
- 1 Speed mentoring event with valuable insights from leaders across the industry
- Access to a powerful network of professionals from across the sector providing valuable support throughout your career.
- Access to industry leaders to support your development
- 24/7 access to an online membership development portal providing access to resources ensuring easy transfer of new skills back to the workplace.
- Support from accredited and industry experienced coaches and mentors
What topics will be included?
Insurance Breakfast club will focus on a range of industry and leadership topics such as:
- Building a powerful network
- Creating a successful career strategy
- Making an impact and influencing stakeholders
- Developing career resilience
- Presenting your best self with confidence
- Raising your profile to progress your career
- In addition, you will have access to valuable insights from leaders across the industry via the mentoring events on topics such as developing a strategic thinking approach, developing your management style and finding balance.
Who is Insurance Breakfast Club for?
IBC is exclusively for women working within the risk and insurance sector who aspire to progress their careers and are keen to develop their skills. It is aimed at women who work in client or market-facing roles, operations, claims or supporting functions. The club is designed to bridge the gap between graduate schemes and senior leadership programmes. Full membership criteria are available on request.
How do we apply to join the Breakfast club?
Membership is paid for by your organisation so please speak to your manager to ask if they will support your membership.
Alternatively your HR or learning and development manager should be able to help or contact us for more information.
There will be a short application form designed to help to ensure that IBC is the best development option for you at this time in your career. For more details please contact us on +44 7867 542 973
What time of the day will the breakfast club be held?
All sessions will be held in a central city location running between 8.30 am – 10 am or 4 – 5.30pm to minimise the time out of the working day.
What happens if a session is missed?
Attendance is strongly recommended as we are not able to re-run sessions for an individual. The schedule of events will be published well in advance to ensure you can plan in good time. But, of course things happen so if a member is unable to attend one of the events we encourage them to speak to one of the IBC team. We will discuss how best to bring them up to speed.
We may suggest a call or coffee with us or that you they with their accountability partner or a membership action group who did join us to share their learning.
In addition, all learning material is available 24/7 on the IBC membership portal for the duration of the programme.
What happens at the end of the programme?
At the end of the programme, members have the opportunity to present to the sponsors from their organisation giving the chance to showcase the ROI in terms of their learning as well as to raise their profile with market leaders from across the industry.
Upon completion of the programme, all members will remain part of a wider IBC network, with an additional 12 months access to all content via the membership and alumni networking events. They will also be welcome to join us at future IBC cohort events (subject to numbers) and encouraged to stay involved as a mentor to the next group.