2022 Programme Highlights
During April’s session of the Insurance Breakfast Club, we discussed “How to Present your Best Self, with Confidence”.
The members completed Commitment Cards and we will revert back to those later in the year to see if their perspectives have changed.
See below for an overview of our previous events & some of our fabulous member feedback.
It was so good to FINALLY be back in the same room as each other, since Covid-19 restrictions impacted our ability to meet in person.
With more face to face events planned for the Members of 2022 , we will be looking forward to sharing more videos and updates throughout the year.
2020/21 Programme HIGHLIGHTS
The Global Pandemic and multiple lockdowns ensured that 2020/21 was a challenging time for everyone. However the Insurance Breakfast Club was needed more than ever and our Members were able to benefit from online coaching and skills sessions, with a wealth of experience provided by our wonderful Industry Leaders.
Here is an overview of what we got up to during those sometimes difficult Lockdown months.
2019/20 Programme Highlights
The 2019/20 programme started with 1-2-1 coaching in April & May 2019 & our first group event in June 2019.
At the start of each cohort we survey all members & speak to each person individually, to determine the key challenges and opportunities they are facing. From these insights, we carefully design our programme of events so that it is tailored to suit the group & their specific needs. We also shortlist the mentors we feel would be best to share their knowledge & expertise to suit our members needs.
Sadly our finale event scheduled for April 2020 had to be postponed due to Covid-19 but we will have this event as soon as we can!
Also as a result of Covid-19 we extended the duration of this cohort to provide ongoing support to members during lockdown & we’re delighted at how the community has come together at such a difficult time.
1. Building your powerful network
2. Raising your profile to progress
3. Developing a career strategy (group mentoring event) & summer social
4. Presenting your best self with confidence
This session focussed on how we can set ourselves up for success by managing both our internal mindset and external persona to exude confidence, even in the most trying circumstances.
5. Speed mentoring
To give our members the best level of insight to their individual challenges we matched their first mentoring conversations with a leader whose specific expertise would help them.
After this, members were invited to choose their next conversations based on the mentors biographies shared in advance and this preparation led to what many say were the most impactful mentoring conversations of their careers.
6. Positioning yourself for success
We also discussed how to get the constructive feedback needed in order to develop & how one can ask for career essentials such as promotion, new assignment, salary increase, overseas secondment, team hire etc…in a way to maximise chances of success.
As many of our members head towards annual reviews in Dec / Jan this was the perfect time to support them in planning for these important conversations.
7. group mentoring with market leaders
Having spoken with each member we shortlisted the topics that they most wished to discuss and curated groups with the leaders best suited to advise on those topics.
“Ice breaker” questions were shared for each topic and group to get the conversations flowing – and they certainly did! We were inundated with “thank you” e-mails after this session & are very grateful to the amazing mentors who gave their time to support our members.
All mentors will be invited along to the end of programme event in March (as well as our members’ sponsors) to hear first hand how their advice has made an impact.
8. Building resilience and setting yourself up for a successful year ahead
9. Maximising your effectiveness as a leader
10. Insurance Breakfast Club Celebration Close event – Postponed due to COVID-19
If there is something I’m struggling with it is helpful to know there are a group of women within the square mile likely experiencing something similar and would be there to help. It would also recommend for career inspiration and training for anyone looking to return to work/get back on track generally.”
Recommended Reading and Videos
What members are learning
- Through the sessions so far I have learned key skills in how to think, look and sound confident. This has been the most valuable learning for me. People generally just tell you to ‘be confident’ but having tangible tips and tricks to focus on is really helpful.
- I have taken away ideas on how to be more visible on social media.If you don’t ask, you don’t get. Make sure that your voice is heard in a rational and controlled manner.
- I’ve learned that I am in control of my destiny, and career. I am my biggest critique and create my own barriers. I have the power to change my mindset and perception of myself
- That inspiring and motivating others can be as rewarding as achieving my own goals.
- Building a powerful network is key in achieving my goals. How valuable a network can be and how to build out that network.
- I shouldn’t be embarrassed to share my success and self-promote. Now I have some top tips for getting better at self-promotion.
- Raising profile – I have had real difficulty in talking about my achievements and this session has helped me understand the value and benefit of doing this in a professional manner.
- The value of having a mentor, or several to help give you some perspective and objective feedback.That it is ok not to have a set career strategy but I should take opportunities (and get out of my comfort zone and take risks) if those opportunities are of interest and fit with my values.
- Navigating a career presents some sort of challenge for everyone and there are multiple valid approaches in response.
- I definitely feel more confident and encouraged to broaden, develop and improve my work skills in order to progress my career effectively and successfully. I realised that at the end of the day sky is the limit while the opportunities are out there therefore it is up to me to grab and make the most of them.
- You can have it all, just maybe not all at once. Life comes in seasons.